I Used This Computer Today !!
These are 14 actual error messages as seen on computer screens in Japan, where some are written in Haiku. Aren't these better than "your computer has performed an illegal operation"?
1. Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your screams.
2. The Web site you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.
3. Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
4. You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.
5. Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky, but we never will.
6. Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared.
7. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
8. Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred?
9. Having been erased, the document you are seeking must now be retyped.
10. Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that, you know.
11. A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.
12. Your file was so big. It might be very useful. But now it is gone.
13. Program aborting: Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.
14. Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.