Some Fun Places (Rated "G")
My Family And I Have Visited.
(For hiking and camping)
Arches NP | Canyonlands NP | Bryce Canyon NP | Zion NP |
Grand Canyon NP | Mesa Verde NP | Chaco Canyon | Canyon De Chelly
Southwest Vacation Destinations;
by Clean Canyons & Forests, Inc.
Petrified Forest NP | Glen Canyon NRA | Natural Bridges NM
Badlands NP | Devil's Tower NM | Mount Rushmore NM | Wind Cave NP
Yellowstone NP | Presidio | Alcatraz Island | Yosemite NP
Muir Woods NM | Point Reyes NS
US National Park Service Park List
WARM PLACES (For Scuba Diving and vacationing)
Bahamas | Bermuda | Caymans
Cozumel | Moab | Panama City | San Diego
NAUI Divers | PADI Divers
COOL PLACES (To visit and do things)
Cincinnati Zoo | Durango | Las Vegas | New Orleans
San Francisco | Tijuana | Acadia NP | Cuyahoga Valley NP
Fort Sumter NP | Gauley River NRA | Lowell NP | Mammoth Cave NP
Vanderbilt NHS | Washington Monument | Wright Brothers NM
COLD PLACES (FOR SKIING)
Boston Mills / Brandywine OH
Peak'n Peak NY | Holiday Valley NY | Seven Springs PA | Snowshoe WV
. . . and for Real Skiing
Telluride CO | Sun Valley ID | Squaw Valley CA | Heavenly CA | Taos NM
Mammoth CA | Jackson Hole WY | Purgatory CO (now Durango Mtn Resort)
Monarch CO | Wolf Creek CO | Angel Fire NM
Killington VT | Smuggler's Notch VT
- KT22 (1 of 3 peaks at Squaw) is legendary . . . better than most resorts in the US all by itself!
- Taos - An other-worldly atmosphere (in a good way!), and what true skier could disparage a place that still bans snowboards ??? I Love Taos! (is that a bumper-sticker?)
- Sun Valley - To be skied at least once in a lifetime . . . a timeless classic!
- Mammoth . . . It is , and world-class skiing too!
- Jackson Hole - Spectacular scenery and the skiing is even better! Steep and deep, vertical over 4,000 feet! Remote and seemingly limitless backcountry. A ten minute tram ride covers it all. Need I say any more?
- Telluride - just my opinion so don't shoot, but I like the ambience, cachet and demographics better than Aspen or Vail.
- I've been on six summer rock-hounding and or backpacking trips all over Utah and am drooling to add Salt Lake area resorts to my list!
- So little time, but I'm sure I will one day ski (and adopt) your favorites too !!
Snownet | Snow Web | Tahoe CA (skiable acres within 20 mi: 10,335 !!!)